Ford City was founded in 1887 by John B. Ford, founder of Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company, as a company town. Located in the rolling hills of Western Pennsylvania along the Allegheny River, Ford City is 40 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. The population is made up of numerous ethnic heritages all woven together and displayed in various community celebrations throughout the year.
We welcome everyone to visit our community and get to know us. Ford City is within an easy commute of Pittsburgh, Butler, Indiana and Cranberry Township. We are a Borough who is committed to revitalization and growth. Take a tour of our town via our web-site and come see us!